Little Helper FunPod makes Beef Stroganoff
Little Helper FunPod Cooking Scale:
⭐️⭐️ Need some help
⭐️⭐️⭐️ Watch you and interact
This a delicious farm classic that I have forever enjoyed. It's so rich and gutsy it makes me want to have it now. Cook it up over the weekend to enjoy together as a family, the smell will fill the house with a delicious aroma. This is a slow-cooker recipe and is here to be enjoyed. The kids will love it and will keep coming back for more!
Little Helper FunPod Cooking Level is⭐️⭐️ Kids will need some help as there is use of a slow cooker but they will enjoy interacting by cutting up some veggies. Learning is fun and teaching your kids how to make dinner is a fabulous life skill they will carry with them for life.
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
You will need:
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
500g chuck steak
2 cups of red wine
3 small potatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cups of beef stock
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons cornflour
1/3 cup water
- Cut up onion and crush garlic.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic until transparent. Then add to a slow cooker.⭐️ Suggestion- Set your child up in their FunPod with a bowl of their own and let the hold the potatoes. They will love to feel included.
- Cut-up potatoes into quarters and add to the slow cooker.
- Next cut up your chuck steak into thick cubes and lightly coat in flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil up in frying pan and add pieces of beef to pan to lightly brown them off in colour, then add to slow cooker.
- Next pour in stock, red wine, tomato paste and salt and pepper to the slow cooker. Place lid on and cook on slow for 8-12 hours.
- The meat will fall apart and be delicious. If you would like to thicken the gravy - (in a seperate cup mix cornflour and cold water until smooth and then add to the slow cooker and stir around.)
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice or veggies.